Tuesday 15 May 2007

I am a Fully Fledged Sales Leader, well, Trainee!

Just a post to let you all know I am now a Sales Leader!

I have 2 reps, Amy and Jane. Amy seems to be doing well, and from our phone calls and texts, is really getting into it. Jane isn't having much luck with her first campaign but I hope she gives it a chance a tries again in Campaign 10. Sometimes it can take a little while for people to realise you're doing it on a regular basis - you have to build your potential customers' confidence.

I would also recommend putting a little flyer or note in with your brochures introducing yourself to your neighbours - it doesn't matter whether it's printed or handwritten, it's just the fact that you are letting people know you are a real person who is trying hard.

I also find that if sales are dropping (or for that matter, not really starting in the first place) it is good to do a Prize Draw. If you have no Avon stock to put in the draw, buy a stationery gift set or something. Make it clear to your customers, that if they order they get put into the Prize Draw. If they win, deliver the prize with their order. I've done this a couple of times now, and I feel it does help.

I also reward my regular customers. I don't announce that I'm going to do it, it's just a spontaneous thing. And don't forget to put free samples in with catalogues and/or orders. My sales are down this campaign, so when I recanvass my whole territory next campaign, I will be putting free samples in with the catalogue to houses that haven't ordered. It may be a waste of time, but it may mean I get 5 or so new customers. I think it's worth a try.

I will be signing 3 more Reps on Thursday, so that'll bring my total to 5. Plus I have 2 in the pipeline, possibly 3. Wow, that'll be 8 reps in 2 Campaigns! I can't believe how this is going! Hopefully I won't have to work 9-7 5 days a week for much longer.

Til next time
Fiona

No comments: